Boats and Hoes

| 0 Comments

A little while ago I went to a friends dress up party that was themed "boats and hoes." I cannot remember the last time I got to dress up as a pirate so I decided I would go as a pirate! It was a no brainer decision! The only problem was that I didn't have a pirate costume... and I didn't want to spend $50-75 buying my costume... I also had no time left to order it online from websites such as ebay.

So I made an executive decision that I would make my costume... having dabbled in sewing classes as high school for one semester I knew that this was mostly going to outcome in an epic failure... sewing and making clothes was NOT and still is NOT my strong point.

Anyway, I ended up going to Lincraft, knowing nothing about choosing fabric, and walking out with some scrap black and red material. When I got home I managed to cut and tear up the following:
--Skirt
--Vest
--Pirate bandaner
-- Pirate sword holder for my leg
-- Red pirate belt and sash

I was suuuuper happy with end result! I was a complete success! The success was definitely topped off when I applied some personalised pirate designs onto my costume to say "Pirate Bec."

Here are some photos of my pirate costume I made:



Leave a Reply